Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chocolate Obsession

Sooo I would like to talk a bit about Chocolate...

We had some of our friends spend the weekend with us about two weeks ago. I think I O'd on the food however. But I got a chance to make an old family recipe that I had never made before. It’s called Chocolate Whip Cream Cake. It’s really easy to make. All you need is the following.

Duncan Hines Devil Food Cake Mix
Duncan Hines Devil Food Cupcake Mix
Cinnamon
Vanilla Extract
Heavy Whipping Cream (in carton)
Sugar

Mix the cake mix and cupcake mix in different bowls as directed on the package. I add a bit of cinnamon and vanilla to the cake/cupcake mix- it makes it taste more homemade.
Pour the cake/cupcake mix into two 9-inch cake pans. Bake the cake as you normally would and let cool for at least 1-2 hrs. Then make the whipped cream topping!
Freeze the mixing bowl, wire whisk, and be sure the heavy cream is very cold (not frozen though). Then you pour the cream in the mixer and start mixing on high speed. Add sugar to taste (could also mix in coffee/cocoa) and mix until you start to see peaks in the cream (that means it is solid whipped cream now!)
Then ice the middle, top, and sides on the cake then put into the fridge over night. The cake is VERY moist and VERY GOOD. Also it doesn’t make you feel as guilty as you would if you ate a full fledge chocolate on chocolate Devil’s Food cake.

After all that I am still actively craving chocolate. Last week alone I ate two Reese cups!! And today I have already eaten one!! One of my co-workers put me onto the idea of baking brownies in a different light….. soo you combine the brownie mix all together, then you pour some of the batter into the baking pan, then you add broken pieces of PLAIN Hershey chocolate bar, and add the rest of the mix…. Ahhhhh This sounds soo good! I will be trying this in the very near future I will let you know how this goes..




*SIDEBAR* Has anyone else noticed how yummy Easter candy is.. I am not sure if it’s me but the Reese Eggs taste a lot better than the Reese cups, and the Easter M&Ms taste so much better than the regular plain ones… Oh well maybe it’s all in my head!!



2 comments:

  1. I want some Reese's!!!!!!!!!!!! The cake sounds good... so does that other cheesecake! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! The cheesecake is really good :) Uhmm I am eating a Reese's right now!!! This is CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete