Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mountain in the Sea



Matthew 6:25-33 (New International Version)

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


'Have you ever noticed what Jesus said would choke the Word He puts in us? Is it the devil????? No— It is actually "the cares of this world" ("He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful".--Matthew 13:22 ). It is always our little worries. We say, "I will not trust when I cannot see"— and that is where unbelief begins. The only cure for unbelief is obedience to the Spirit.'
~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest~

All this week I have been rather discouraged and sad. WORRY really is the concern for the things in your life. A bigger part of this is the feeling of “I deserve more than what I have, and now I am concerned with how I am going to make sure I get more than what I have”. You might often concern yourself with things you can’t change or things that are beyond your control. I know you are probably thinking… Okay uhmmm… How can I not worry about my life?? It’s my life, I am living it, and the problems are REAL!! The way to escape the “Realness” of your problems is by constantly praying. When I say that I don’t mean constantly down on your knees with your eyes closed. What I mean is more of a constant open ended conversation with God. The more you do this, the more natural it will become. Think about it, you kind of already do just that. Have you ever noticed how you kind of talk to yourself. Well technically if you are “talking” in your mind he is the only one that hears you beyond yourself. So think of that as your time to pray without ceasing. Just today God helped me see that when you are constantly praying you begin to stop thinking about your problems and you gain a peace that he is working in your life. And you actually gain a clear itemized list of just how he is working. It could be the fact that your car hasn’t broken down, or just the fact you are alive and have another chance. When you pray you don’t have time to worry because you are too busy THANKING HIM. You then stop worrying and begin peacefully waiting on the all powerful God to bring you to your expected end.

Sooo today I was just praying in my head for God to speak peace to me and he did. This song came into my head and the words are EXACTLY what gave me peace. I receive it in my heart. I pray that whoever is at a point of need that God's words will speak to you as well.
~I will live and not die
For every need there is supply
For the Savior says just ask
And believe that you receive
If you ask the impossible
Won't He do it somebody say?
Chorus
Yes He will
Yes He will
Oh yes He will
From deep in debt to being free
If you need that mountain in the sea
If it seems too hard for you
Just believe that He wants to
Do what seems impossible for you right now
Just say
Chorus
I believe He'll bless me
I believe He'll touch me
I believe He'll heal me
Oh yes He will
Chorus
Believe only and do not doubt
If fear moves in evict it out
For the Lord response to faith
And He longs to save the day
And if you ask the impossible won't He do it?
Chorus
I believe He'll bless me
I believe He'll touch me
I believe He'll heal me Oh
Chorus
I believe He'll save me
I believe He'll keep me
I believe He'll hold me Oh
Chorus
Our Father He loves to respond to our faith
It's His good pleasure
If I ask the impossible
Won't He do for me
I gotta believe one thing
That He will
That He will
Yes He will
Yes, yes~


No comments:

Post a Comment