Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Afternoon 2012


A New Year has come and the old one flew by. I cant hardly understand how time is going so quickly. I think it has a lot to do with how much I find my self doing from day to day. Gabby is now a toddler and keeping up with her engrosses my whole day! I think I want to freeze time for awhile so I can enjoy the fleeting moments of her babyhood! Well the only real resolutions I have involve completing what I started. I want this year to be a year that I wrap up all the loose ends that I am always going to tie "tomorrow".

Retaking the MCAT
Organizing all my wedding cards
Categorizing all my cards from my sweetie
Redefining my relationship with God
Becoming serious about being a servant
Being more kind and loving to the people I cherish

I have literally made a list already. Some of the things are a bit personal, too personal to post. But I think that sums up the big picture. If I summarized 2011 I would definitely call it a year that God has been developing some serious patience in my life. It hit me like a ton of bricks just yesterday how far I have to go, but also how far He has brought me. I hope to continue to strive and press toward the mark, the high calling of God, for which I exist.

One of the biggest epiphanies this year has been this- God is striving to help us achieve all the plans He has for us. Along the way I have acquired some serious scars. But looking at those scars proves His strength. I have decided to claim His strength and not magnify my weakness. This is going to change not only my perspective, but change my life. So good afternoon 2012 and good night 2011!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment