Thursday, March 12, 2009

To Know You

The Complexity of God inspired me to write the following.............


I know you but I don’t
I command my mind to wrap around you,
But it won’t
You are familiar and comfortable
Yet simultaneously complex and new
Alpha and Omega
Help me
I want to know you

Renaissance the child in me
Consequently commence comprehension of the infinite mystery of
YOU
Illuminate the things I can’t understand
I want to know you… Savior, GOD, Son of Man

Annihilate my artificial acquaintance
Superficial familiarity… almost there but not quite
God bring me wholly into your eternal light

That I may know you
This time
Yes this time…I’m ready
Ready to not just know of you but really know you

You are infinitely complex
Eternally refreshing and new
Eradicate this barrier called time
And with a holy, new, and radically transformed mind
I will begin eternity
Forever getting to know..
YOU

~Nina~

Philippians 3:7-11 (New International Version)
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

2 comments:

  1. OMG SIS this is awesome :)!!!! this is the first poem i've read that you wrote and i'm pretty exicted about it! write more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You!! U r my mentor!! oh guru show me ur ways :)

    ReplyDelete