Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Angels

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone—Psalms 91:11-12


I often think about how AMAZING it will be to meet my Angel. The one who has been down here physically watching over me. I have been thinking quite a bit about Angels. I actually thought back to my childhood. My father had and still has a lot of books. There was one that fascinated me and it was a book about Angels. It was a collection of stories about Angels sent from God to help or encourage people all over the world. The stories are fascinating. The name of it is “In the Presence of Angels” by Lonnie Melashanko. Well in my thoughts about angels I came across a website that has several stories about Angels. I have listed 5 that really stood out as AMAZING to me. This is a long post!!

Clink on the link for more stories:
Angel Site

*Disclaimer* I do believe that there are angels of light that still dwell in heaven and constantly worship and sing praises to God the Father. However I also believe that there are angels (demons) of darkness that have made a decision to fully align with Satan. Some of the stories on this site are not revelations of angels of light although they masquerade themselves as such. It is important that you always be sure to compare any revelation you receive with the word of GOD to be sure that it was a message from him. Well I really believe that is how you should view all things in life to be sure of the direction you should take. – Just as a clarification of my view of the site :)

Apartment Managers Angel Story
I used to live in a very dangerous neighborhood in a run down apartment building. The apartment managers were tough (or so they thought) and ran the building like overbearing thugs! I for one, being close to God and having a lot of fight in me, gathered the whole female population of the building in protest against the way the apartments was being kept.

These men managers running our apartments started harassing and destroying some of the females' belongings. They broke into one young lady's apartment, loaded all of her clothes on top of her brand new bed and set her clothes on fire then put them out before they got out of control. The apartment managers also went in another apartment and broke a lot of her electronics and stole some of them. They were being apartment manager demons if you asked me.
My friend was worried about me so he and my son put a security gate on my apartment door. None too soon, if you ask me. For the next day when I came back from work, they had broken the door in but could not get past the security gate.

I got the females together again and we went to court and filed a law suit against the owner as well as the managers, and we put our rent money into escrow. We were willing to fight this through. They started cutting peoples' phone lines, turning off water and heat. Just doing all sorts of evil to these young ladies and me. We got together in my apartment and I led them in prayer. I let them store their valuables in my apartment.

One evening there was a rain storm and I had to go out to get my children milk for the morning. As I was coming back into the building I noticed all the lights were off in the hallway. I went up the stairs to my apartment. The largest of the apartment managers met me in the hallway, blocking my way. He tried to look as menacing as possible, and said to me:
"I am going to rape you and leave you for dead, you are a trouble maker!"
Now mind you this fella was at least 3 to 4 feet taller than me and weighed at least 300 pounds or so he seemed. I was only 5 feet 1 inches tall and weighed maybe about 150 pounds then.
You would think I would be frieghtened out of my mind, but I was not, and I could not understand why, but a spirit came over me and spoke through me and said in a loud booming voice: "I fear no one but God almighty, and you can do no harm to me for I denounce your demon and send it back to the pit!"

As I spoke these words, I began to rise and met him eye to eye. My guardian angel was with me. His eyes became wide in disbelief and he ran off screaming. As I was being lowered to the ground I noticed across the hallway walls large angel wings spread in a shadow, as I was being gently lowered the angel wings slowly folded inward and disappeared.

One of the young ladies pulled me to the side and said, "you know that you have an angel who sits on your balcony and twirls a flamming sword. I was coming home late one night and saw a huge angel standing in your balcony's doorway. I only saw it in an instant, when I batted my eyes and looked back the sword was the only thing I saw before they both dissappeared. I thought I was seeing things until you told us your angel story."
This was my confirmation and I have never doubted my Lord and Savior since. He has sent my angel to me on several occassions which I shall relay to you in another email soon.
Blessed and Touched by my Angel.
A Sister in The LORD Peggy Jovonne Reynolds.
This story about Apartment Managers Angel,was written by Peggy Reynolds
Fireman and the Angels Story
I was born at 4:02 AM, in Jersey City N. J. My mother and father were on their way to the hospital when they were hit head-on by another car.
My father suffered two broken legs and my mother was far worse. She was severely injured from the waist down and from the sternum up. She was given last rites at the scene. Miraculously, she survived but spent the next seventeen months in the hospital and I was raised during that time by my grandmother.This angel story is first about how my mother and me some how survived this crash.

Exactly one year later I was sleeping in my grandmothers house. It was a beautiful fall evening, the windows were open and and my grandmother had a religious candle on a dresser.
The wind must have kicked up just enough to blow the shear drapes near the candle flame. As a result, the house caught fire and my room was engulfed in flames. The fireman who eventually rescued me could not believe his eyes (I managed to speak with the fireman years later). The fireman said that when he entered my room through the smoke and heat two large angels were crouched over my bassinet. He said he froze for a moment and all of a sudden this one angel with a trumpet around his body picked me up and handed me to him. Not a scratch on me and no smoke inhalation.

Both my birth and my escaping the fire, were called a miracle by the local newspapers and local television stations.I can tell you that angels DO exist. I am living proof.
Wet n Wild Angel Story
This wet and wild angel story took place about 13 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

My father's home building company, was having a family day at the Wet n Wild in Arlington Texas. I was allowed to invite a friend to go since my other siblings didn't want to come.
My mother let my friend and me do our own thing at the wet n wild as long as we stayed close to the company's area. The picnic tables were right next to the "Wet n Wild Wave Pool," so I decided to get way up front so I could ride the larger part of the waves when they came out. My friend was too scared of the big waves, so she went to the shallow end.

I was on my raft when the waves started coming, and I guess they were too much for me to handle because I got knocked off. I tried to grab on to the side railings (about 3 times) but the waves kept pushing me back and then pushing me underwater.

Now I really thought I was going to drown and panic came over me. Just as I was reaching for the railing for the third time, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me up onto the concrete sides. I was so embarrassed but relieved to be back on land. The man who pulled me up was blond, very tan and wearing red shorts. He was the wet n wild angel that God sent for me. He asked me if I was ok, and with my head hung down in embarrassment I shook my head yes. When I looked up again to tell him thank you, he was gone. My wet and wild angel had vanished.

I looked all the around the area, even in the water to see if he jumped in there, but could not find him, and the Wet 'n Wild lifeguards all wore blue shorts. To this day I like to think of him as my guardian angel, cause without him I surely would have died.
~This wet n wild angel storywas written by Stephanie~

Man in the Park Angel Story
I was 23 years old and on top of the world! My bride of 3 months comes home from work early and tells me we will be having a baby! WOW! I was the happiest man in the world!
Well, the story doesn't go, "and they lived happily ever after."

About four weeks later she got ill. Very ill. Her doctor told her she just had morning sickness. We went along with that for about a month until she got worse. She could hardly get out of bed!
I finally convinced the doctor to come by and he said she had pneumonia. He immediately admitted her into the hospital for treatment for pneumonia.
Believe me, people, when they say get a second opinion!
Two weeks later she was not getting better when I sought a second opinion. My loving wife of only three months was diagnosed with CANCER!
Her suffering was short as she and my child (and part of me) died three days later.

Needless to say my life fell apart. I couldn't work. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I couldn't function at all. I knew my life was over and felt no need not prolong the suffering that saw me every day just simmering in my own self pity.

I went to a local park that my wife and I went to often for walks when we talked about our future together. I sat there in the park for a couple of hours and, to be honest (and I will leave out any details), I was not planning on leaving the location.
Just about that time a middle aged man (whom I had never met before) came up, sat down next to me, and put his arm around me. The man in the park said only a few words to me that I repeat every day that help me get through life's hard times.
He said, "You know, He doesn't give you anything that you can't handle."
I literally fell apart and wept openly for several minutes. I have never cried so hard in all my life. I felt like the biggest weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. The man in the park was an angel telling that God will be with me.

I stood back up and felt just a little bit taller and stronger than just a few minutes before. The man from the park gave me a reassuring embrace before leaving without so much as an introduction. These words were given to me in my darkest hour and I gladly lend them to whomever might be in need of them at any time. Please don't forget them!
Write them down if need be and set them on your desk at work (your boss might even think the sign is referring to him). As I look back on the situation 12 years later I know that was the turning point of my life.

I now am married to a wonderful woman that I love very much. I have two wonderful children that are a blessing, to say the least.
The man in the park . . . was he an angel sent to me in my time of need?
I HAVE NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER!
~The man in the park angel storywas written by Brian Shafer~
Pizza Dude Angel Story
My kids and I hope you will enjoy our pizza dude angel story. The summer of 2002 was a bittersweet time for my three young children and I. For the first time since my divorce 5-years prior we were able to purchase our first home. The apartment we had moved from was too small for a family of four and when the time came to start searching for a place to live I prayed that somehow God would let me find a house I could buy. I realized that with my credit and the fact that I was a self-employed web designer the chances were slim. The September 11th terrorist attacks were wreaking havoc on my business. Normally I would be doing quite well at this time of the year but business owners were hesitant to spend money on web sites. Needless to say we were struggling financially. The chances that I would be able to find a home big enough for all of us in a good neighborhood at a price I could afford were slim. I rallied my faith and prayed that God would pick the perfect house for us. Knowing that The Lord can do the impossible, I figured I would throw in my request to live on the water for good measure. Hey, faith knows no boundaries.

Exactly two days later I called a number in the classifieds advertising a home available for lease-option. The man at the other end of the phone gave me directions and when I arrived I almost fainted when I saw the home was on a huge lake. A tour of the home revealed a fairly good sized 3-bedroom, 2-bath, 2-car garage home in one of the most sought after family neighborhoods in Palm Beach County, Florida. The home was located in the best school district available. I knew instantly that this is where we belonged. The man who owned the house drew up the contract and I was leasing the home with an option to buy it in one year. He gave me free reign to make any changes I wished. The Lord answered my prayers in a mighty way. The lake the house sat on was a source of peace and at night the moon would reflect on the water making it look like millions of glittering lights. We were in Heaven. This was the place I needed to be in order to gain my strength, draw closer to God and where I always found peace.

In the middle of August 2002, money was non-existent. One of the women from my ladies only group helped me obtain school supplies in order for my kids to start school and even though things looked bad I believed The Lord had led me to this home that was really more than I could afford and I believed with all my heart He would make a way for me to pay for it. One afternoon after picking my two youngest kids up from school I noticed my car was on empty. Actually, it gave a new meaning to the words “on fumes”. I handed my daughter my purse and told her to dig some change out of the bottom so we could get gas. I had searched my purse that morning and gave the kids my last $3.00 for lunch and I knew I had no currency. My daughter pulled three, one dollar bills out of my purse and said “Mommy, why don’t we just use this paper money?” I asked her where she found the dollar bills and she told me they were “Right here in the pocket”, this was impossible as I had given them the last $3.00 in that pocket for lunch. I felt peace move through me and knew God was responding to my unshakable faith that He would provide. On our way home from the gas station, my 7-year old son asked if we could have pizza for supper. My heart broke a little when I replied that we couldn’t afford pizza that night but I would see what I could do for the weekend. My 9-year old daughter spoke up and told my son that if he really wanted pizza he should just pray for it because God could afford it. My son proceeded to lift his little request up to God with all of the faith a child has. For a split second, I envied his childlike faith and wondered at what point in my life I lost the ability to just believe. During the course of his prayer, my son remembered we were out of toilet paper, “God, could you please send a little extra money for some toilet paper because my mom gets mad when the napkins plug the toilet”. I was slightly embarrassed that he would ask our Creator, the Lord of Heaven and earth for such a thing. My daughter rolled her eyes and began to lecture her younger brother about the need for some dignity when requesting material things from God. “Mom, do you think God uses toilet paper?”, my son asked. Is this a trick question? “Well son, I imagine if there is a need for it here on earth He might” I replied. “He probably uses Charmin that’s the really good stuff and it has double layers”. Had he not been so serious I would have burst out laughing, but knowing he was seriously wondering about the needs of God in Heaven compared to those of us on earth, I just let it go and drove home.

The rest of the afternoon was uneventful. The kids went in their rooms and watched television, my 12- year old daughter came home around 4:00 and as with most pre-teenagers went to hibernate in her room. At about 4:45 the doorbell rang and my two youngest children went to look thru the window to see who it was. Fully expecting them to tell me one of their friends was at the door looking for someone to play with I was not in any way prepared for what came next. “MOM!! The pizza dude is here!!”…”The who?” I asked, not sure I was hearing them right. “The Pizza Hut delivery man” my youngest daughter replied. As I made my way to the front door in a state of confusion, my son came running thru the house and stated “It’s an angel…God sent an angel to bring us pizza!!” I hushed him and went to the door to clear up the confusion as I was sure this Pizza Hut “pizza dude” was at the wrong house. My oldest daughter graced us with her presence when she heard all the commotion “Louie, you’re a dork, God doesn’t send angels to deliver pizza”. She stated “Oh yes He does” my son replied. I was worried about the disappointment he would feel when this delivery boy realized he was at the wrong house but I greeted him and explained that we hadn’t ordered pizza. “I know ma’am” he replied “Someone called the order in and paid for it with a credit card, we were asked to deliver to you around 5:00”. I must have been quite a sight standing there with my mouth hanging open in total disbelief with my two daughters standing next to me doing the same and my son standing behind all of us saying “See, I told you God sends angels to deliver pizza!” the delivery boy smiled a kindly smile, handed me 4 large pizza’s and told us to enjoy. The pizza dude angel left with a wave and I carried our feast into the kitchen while still in shock. The managers and employees of our three local Pizza Huts had no idea what I was talking about when I called them to find out who had been so kind. I spent the rest of the evening absorbing the importance of what had happened to us that day. I realized that the unshakable faith of a child is what I needed to find and hang on too.
While I was pondering these things my son yelled from the garage “Mom! I was looking thru this box and look what I found!! Four rolls of Charmin toilet paper!!”. I had packed the toilet paper in that box some 3-years ago when we moved from Delaware to Florida. I broke down and cried thanking God for the miracles he had showered over us that day. Two weeks later, I was approached by a woman I had known for sometime, she offered to invest $20,000 in my business to keep it afloat. That summer of 2002 turned out to be one of the best of my life. I learned to “simply believe” no matter what life looks like. God is good and He does send angels to deliver Pizza. I thank God for the pizza dude angel.
~Michele "Shell" Washam is the author of this story, Pizza Dude Angel~
For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. – Luke 4:10-11

1 comment:

  1. I love the pizza dude angel story. It's so cute!! It blows my mind how much God cares about the little things in life...like pizza. This is SO cute!! The cutest story. :D

    ReplyDelete