Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup-- I love you :)


Again sorry for the post vacation! I have been IMMERSED in WORK!! Anyway......

I made Chicken Noodle Soup and Cornbread Cupcakes the other night!! YUMM


Items you will need but might not have…
A LARGE pot, a great knife (carrots are hard to chop up), and Fresh Parsley

I made up the recipe and it goes as follows:

1 med-large onion
1-1 lb bag of carrots
1 Celery Stalk
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Seasoning Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
12-13 cups water
1/2 Stick of Butter
1/2 cup Vegetarian bouillon (Can substitute 4-5 cubes of chicken bouillon)
1 bag of No-Yolk Noodles
2 cans of "Fri Chick"(Vegetarian Chicken)
Fresh Parsley (to taste)


Chop up the onions, carrots, celery, and Fri Chick (save the juice from the can). Sauté the onions in the butter. After they turn soft add the water, carrots, seasonings including the bouillon, and the juice from the Fri Chick can. After about 30 min add the celery. After 15 minutes add the uncooked no-yolk noodles. Add additional water as necessary and simmer until the noodles are cooked. WaaaLaaa you have some really good chicken noodle soup :)

Secret from Nina—I am a southern girl and I need cornbread in my life. I suggest adding some corn bread cupcakes to this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment