Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dearly Loved

“The power of love is so strong that it compels you to share it”
-Nina Hassell


Dearly Loved -bY Jimmy Needham

(Please check out this song it's Beautiful!--FYI Just click on the word "Dearly"...Its a you tube link)

Today I was thinking about the love of GOD and how that love is being daily transferred to each of us. I also began to reflect that there is no greater love than the love that HE has for us. It made me think about this sermon that I heard one Sabbath. It was a message about the importance of personal ministry. The point that stood out to me the most is as follows... We should "allow others to see Jesus Christ". When I was younger I used to find the thought of being a role model annoying. I have a younger sister and brother and this concept has "plagued” my life and thoughts for quite some time. I have previously thought of it as an excuse people might think to use to divert blame for their behavior onto someone else. But now that I am older I clearly see the vital importance of the power of influence. You may truly be the only "Jesus" that your co-workers, family, friends actually see. We should all try to live our lives as if our light were the only one in our sphere of influence. The remaining question is... How can these words be translated into daily living?

No comments:

Post a Comment