Well it seems like forever. And today I thought wow I might as well delete my blog I never write here anymore! But today I realized I need to write about all my vegan baking adventures!! My sweet baby girl is allergic to several things- milk, eggs, peanuts, tomatoes, soy, pineapples, cashews, and chicken... She is 13 months and baby food no longer fills her up. So I have been on an mission to figure out what to bake for my sweet little angel. Along the way I have had a lot of fun, and she seems to enjoy everything I have made so far:
Jam Swirled Pancakes
and... Blueberry Muffins
Today I just felt like blueberry muffins soooo I checked out Baking Illustrated from the local library and decided to make some. They were absolutely AMAZING! Gabby kept on pointing to them and crying and I felt really bad soo I did a quick search on the internet and found some vegan blueberry muffins! I halved the recipe to make 6 adorable little muffins. She is in LOVE. As we speak she is finishing off one whole muffin!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 scant cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp vanilla rice milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2) Line muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- 3) Mix all ingredients together until moistened.
- 4) Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Each should be filled 3/4 full.
- 5) Bake 15-20 minutes or until the tops are firm.
- 6) Cool on a wire rack
Makes 6 muffins